Empathy, curiosity, and optimism are the key tenets of success at More Vang. Your optimism tells you that, through code and technology, anything is possible. Your empathy builds deep expertise in both our client’s business and our capabilities—the ability to use your skills to satisfy our clients’ unique needs. Your curiosity drives your persistent desire to learn and always challenge the status quo.
The primary roles of a DevOps Engineer are to troubleshoot, scale, architect, and automate production systems. This is not a help desk role; instead, you will work alongside skilled developers to build out the products and services that are at the core of the way we do business at More Vang. Your responsibilities will focus on architecture and future expansion in a rapidly growing company. Building systems that bring together the raw bits of the Internet will be your day-to-day job.
what you’d be doing:
- Keeping Linux servers healthy and on-line.
- Supporting the product development team with your expertise.
- Automating your job to the extent possible.
- Managing regular backups of all systems.
- Continually improving existing infrastructure.
- Writing scripts to automatically deploy all types of applications.
- Creating tools to analyze and visualize system health.
- Influencing the direction of infrastructure policies.
preferred skills for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in a networking, computer, or IT related field.
- Proficiency in the following programming languages: Python, PHP.
- Proficiency with SQL (any and all flavors).
- Experience with infrastructure support and programming for the web.
- Comfortable in a Linux environment with strong command line skills.
- Experience with Vagrant, Ansible, or other virtual environment and provisioning management tools.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent work habits: proactive, ability to prioritize, detail-oriented.
- Must thrive in an optimistic (ever-changing) environment.